The Little Chapel
Visit Rodborough Tabernacle’s Little Chapel – a fine example of Arts and Crafts Movement design.
Situated on the edge of Rodborough Common near Stroud, Rodborough Tabernacle’s Little Chapel was converted in 1925 from the former coach house under the direction of the renowned Arts and Crafts Movement architect, Sidney Barnsley who had set up a workshop in Sapperton after moving to the area from London in the 1890’s. The resulting interior, executed by superb craftsmen, is a fine example of Arts and Crafts Movement design.
Besides being used for services, weddings etc, the Little Chapel is also open regularly to visitors interested in its Arts and Crafts Movement associations or as a place of spirituality and quiet reflection. Individuals or groups are always welcome.
An explanatory leaflet on the Little Chapel and its links with the Arts and Crafts Movement are available in the Chapel and can be dowloaded as an Adobe pdf file by clicking on the link below.
The main church building also contains further examples of Arts and Crafts design and visits can be arranged on request.
How to find us: From below Rodborough Fort take Tabernacle Walk. The Chapel is opposite the main church about 500 yards along Tabernacle Walk. Access is suitable for cars and minibuses with parking available outside the Little Chapel .
For further information please contact Ron Cook on 01453 763026.
If you require a guided visit of either the Little Chapel or the main building or are interested in holding a wedding etc. - we will be delighted to help.